I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As a parent, you do everything you can to keep your kids safe from outside dangers. But you may not have thought about the pests that can invade your home + make your kids sick. Find out about these three pests that you want to protect your kids from.
Fleas are an annoying little pest that you want to keep away from your kids. If you have pets, then it’s possible that they can bring fleas into your home.
But other animals, such as rodents + raccoons, can also drop off fleas into your space. Fleas might be tiny, but they carry several diseases + can cause allergies. And because they bite, fleas can irritate the skin + cause lesions.
You can get rid of fleas by treating your pets with flea prevention medications. Also, you can wash all your bedding + any other materials in very hot water. Thrifty Fun says that if your children have flea bites, there are many child-safe remedies you can use to soothe them.
Despite their name, bed bugs don’t just live in beds. According to Sage Pest Control, bed bugs crawl on the ceiling + are drawn to humans because they can sense carbon monoxide being exhaled (Oh joy!).
Then, they drop from the ceiling + begin to feed on human blood (The joy continues!). Their bites leave itchy welts + many people develop an allergic reaction to the saliva injected by the bed bug as it feeds.
If you suspect you have bed bugs, then make sure you call a professional. They can use heat treatments + other methods to help protect your kids from bed bugs.
Lastly, another pest you need to protect your kids from is the flying kind. Pigeons may seem harmless, but they can actually make your kids sick.
The droppings that pigeons leave behind can contain a wide range of different diseases that can be transmitted to people, including E. Coli, encephalitis + histoplasmosis, which is a respiratory disease.
Pigeons are also known to carry fleas. While nesting around your house, pigeons can leave droppings in the areas where your kids play, such as playground equipment, enclosed screened patios + other areas. If you have pigeons hanging around, then a pest control expert can help humanely trap them or take steps to pigeon-proof your home.
Keeping your kids safe + healthy means protecting them against these household pets. We also recommend that you seek the help of professionals if you have an infestation of any kind that you haven’t been able to deal with on your own.
Experts can help you to eradicate these pests so that your kids don’t suffer from any of the diseases or irritants they carry.
Family health + safety is something to take seriously.
- 3 Benefits of Healthy Eating for Kids
- 8 Savings Goals To Teach Kids About Money
- 10 Best Things To Do During Summer With Kids
- 5 Tips For Summer Safety For Kids
- 10 Mom Bag Essentials I Have For Summer Fun
- The Best Clean Sunscreen Brand I Use On Me + My Kids
- 12 Ideas To DIY Summer Camp At Home
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- How to Protect a Crawling Baby
- How to Keep Happy, Safe + Healthy Girls Throughout the School Year
- 7 Easy Hair Styles For Girls
- When To Start Potty Training Girls
- Best Halloween Costumes for Girls
- 3 Healthy Habits For Girls
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- 26 Mother-Daughter Date Ideas
- Feeding Time: What to Keep in Mind When Introducing Food to Baby
- Baby on Board: What You Need to Know About Car Seat Safety
- 7 Ways to Help Your Daughter Feel Comfortable in Her Own Skin
- 7 Tips for Nighttime Potty Training Girls
- School Bus Safety Tips to Teach Your Kids
- How to Deal with Unexpected Problems at Delivery
- 3 Characteristics of the Best Mom Car
- 4 Ways to Prevent Your Teen from Texting + Driving
- 3 Tips to Help You Prepare for Labor + Delivery
- Creative Lunch Ideas for School
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- How to Make Hand Washing Fun for Kids
- DIY Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
- 12 Cool Things to Include When Building a House
- 3 Tips for Toddler Girl Summer Fashion
- How to Be a Productive Stay-at-Home Mom
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer Day Camps + Sleepaway Camps
- How to Protect From Child Bee Stings
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Complete Mom Guide to Summer Activities with Kids (So Everyone Survives the Summer)
- The Ultimate Guide to Sibling Fighting + How to Stop It
- 7 Things A Mom REALLY Wants for Mother’s Day
- 3 Things to Look for When Choosing a Pediatric Dentist
- 5 Kid-Approved Fun Summer Activities
- A Family Trip Near Shenandoah: Where to Stay, Go + Eat
- Celebrate Earth Month With Green Kid Crafts
- 4 Tips to Prep for Your Disney Trip with Your Kids
- 3 Ways to Model Appropriate Behavior for Your Daughter
- 3 Actions to Take if a Dog Bites Your Child
- 3 Places to Buy Inexpensive but Nice Girls’ Clothes
- 6 Steps to Resolving Conflict with Your Strong-Willed Daughter
- 3 Home Pests That Can Make Your Kids Sick
- 7 Strategies for Dealing with Defiant Daughters
- 7 Books to Help Girls Overcome Anxiety, Fear + Worry + Other Feelings
- The Top 7 Girl Mom Bloggers You Should Be Following
- 3 Tips for Moms Going Back to School
- 3 Tips for Surviving a Move with Young Ones
- 3 Ways to Keep Your Kids Safe in the Car
- To The Mom With A Crazy Toxic Mom
- 12 Non-Toy Easter Basket Ideas for Girls
- 5 Ways To Easier Laundry When You Have Girls
- It’s Flu Season, Ya’ll
- Tips To Be A More Productive Mommy
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 1st Birthday Party for a Girl
- 14 Ways to Tell Your Kids You Love Them on Valentine’s Day
- Speed Up Your Family’s Morning Routine
- How to Make Easy Healthy Family Meals
- 7 Tips to be Done with Dinner in Half an Hour or Less
- The Kid Birthday Tradition I Do Every Year (For All 3 Girls)
- 3 Valentine’s Day Foods + Goodies for Your Sweetie
- Easy Freezer Meals for After Baby
- How to Pick Strong Baby Girl Names
- 10 Valentine’s Day Activities for Young Kids
- 101 Winter Bucket List Activities for Young Kids
- How I Went From Being Skeptical to a Believer in 2.7 Seconds
- 2019 Mom Goal
- 10 Rainy Day Activities for Young Kids
- 10 Cringe-Worthy Questions Only Moms of All Girls Are Asked
- #1 Reason I’m Giving My Kids Experience Gifts, Not Toys
- 7 Steps to Create the Perfect 1st Birthday