I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on
With three girls, I am sure you can imagine the quantity of clothing + shoes that we have in our house. Sure, the oldest had the most clothing + shoes + those items have trickled down to her two younger sisters (for the most part).
The challenge is that all of my girls were born in different seasons, which makes hand-me-downs sometimes difficult depending on sizing.
So what is a girl mom to do?
Well, I’ll tell you.
Kids on 45th
I adore Kids on 45th. It’s similar to a Stitch Fix for Kids, except the clothes are second-hand instead of brand new. Although, the boxes we have received often contain clothing + accessories that still have the tags on them. The clothing is so affordable. Most items range from $1 and some change to $3 and some change.
I can buy an entire box of clothes for all three girls + only spend about $100.
You can totally control your shipments so you can set up an account for each child. You can choose how many pants, shirts, jackets, etc. that you receive for each child + all of the kids clothes are shipped in the same box.
The only drawback is that if you receive something that doesn’t fit or your kids don’t like, you cannot return it. Honestly, though, the clothes are so cheap that it doesn’t really matter. I simply sold the items at a consignment sale or donated any items that my girls wouldn’t wear + it doesn’t hurt anywhere near as much when you drop bucu bucks (like the Crew Cuts jeans I bought brand new that they swore they’d wear, wore a grand total of one time + then refused to wear them again).
HINT: If you decide to give it a try, use my link. You get $10 off your order + I do too. Ten dollars is at least 3 pieces if clothing (if not more) depending on what you add to your box! That’s to say that $10 goes a long way.
Stitch Fix for Kids
I use Stitch Fix for myself so it’s natural that I give it a whirl for my girls. My husband tried it but wasn’t impressed. I’ve been fortunate enough to like everything in all of my boxes (with the exception of my recent box, where I still bought two of the five or six items).
Stitch Fix allows you to set up an account for each of your kids. Like the world of online dating for adults, you can answer some style questions about each of your kids to give the stylist an idea of which clothing items to put in your child’s box.
When you receive the box, you can go through it with your child to try the clothes + shoes on to decide which items you want to keep + which items you want to exchange for another size or return. You have three days to make a decision.
Stitch Fix provides you with a paid return postage envelope bag to return items.
These clothes are pricier than items like Kids on 45th because these clothes + shoes are brand new. If you buy the entire box, you receive a 25% discount + if you buy at least one item, the styling fee is waived so it makes it economical + convenient (because you don’t have to drag one or more kids through a store, dressing room + checkout).
HINT: If you decide to use my link, we both get $25!
Where I live in Virginia (+ I’m sure all over the country) consignment season happens twice a year (around March + around September). Some of the consignment sales (which are all for kids clothing, shoes, toys, accessories + baby gear) are HUGE (+ i do mean HUGE).
I tend to go through the pre-sale (offered to consignors), which are items at full price. You can definitely pick up name-brand items at greatly reduced prices. Sometimes I also breeze through the half-off sale, which is typically the last one to hours of the sale.
It is well worth the effort it takes to go through racks, decide what you want to buy + stand in line to pay. I’ve picked up some great buys, such as a brand-new-with-tags London Fog winter jacket for my first born, Crew Cuts pants, sweaters + shirts in the area of $5 each, Hanna Andersson tops for a couple bucks + the list just goes on + on.
One of the huge producers of kids consignment sales in states around the country is Just Between Friends. Check it out to see if they host sales in your area.
- 4 Ways to Prevent Your Teen from Texting + Driving
- 3 Tips to Help You Prepare for Labor + Delivery
- Creative Lunch Ideas for School
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- How to Make Hand Washing Fun for Kids
- DIY Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
- 12 Cool Things to Include When Building a House
- 3 Tips for Toddler Girl Summer Fashion
- How to Be a Productive Stay-at-Home Mom
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer Day Camps + Sleepaway Camps
- How to Protect From Child Bee Stings
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Complete Mom Guide to Summer Activities with Kids (So Everyone Survives the Summer)
- The Ultimate Guide to Sibling Fighting + How to Stop It
- 7 Things A Mom REALLY Wants for Mother’s Day
- 3 Things to Look for When Choosing a Pediatric Dentist
- 5 Kid-Approved Fun Summer Activities
- A Family Trip Near Shenandoah: Where to Stay, Go + Eat
- Celebrate Earth Month With Green Kid Crafts
- 4 Tips to Prep for Your Disney Trip with Your Kids
- 3 Ways to Model Appropriate Behavior for Your Daughter
- 3 Actions to Take if a Dog Bites Your Child
- 3 Places to Buy Inexpensive but Nice Girls’ Clothes
- 6 Steps to Resolving Conflict with Your Strong-Willed Daughter
- 3 Home Pests That Can Make Your Kids Sick
- 7 Strategies for Dealing with Defiant Daughters
- 7 Books to Help Girls Overcome Anxiety, Fear + Worry + Other Feelings
- The Top 7 Girl Mom Bloggers You Should Be Following
- 3 Tips for Moms Going Back to School
- 3 Tips for Surviving a Move with Young Ones
- 3 Ways to Keep Your Kids Safe in the Car
- To The Mom With A Crazy Toxic Mom
- 12 Non-Toy Easter Basket Ideas for Girls
- 5 Ways To Easier Laundry When You Have Girls
- It’s Flu Season, Ya’ll
- Tips To Be A More Productive Mommy
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 1st Birthday Party for a Girl
- 14 Ways to Tell Your Kids You Love Them on Valentine’s Day
- Speed Up Your Family’s Morning Routine
- How to Make Easy Healthy Family Meals
- 7 Tips to be Done with Dinner in Half an Hour or Less
- The Kid Birthday Tradition I Do Every Year (For All 3 Girls)
- 3 Valentine’s Day Foods + Goodies for Your Sweetie
- Easy Freezer Meals for After Baby
- How to Pick Strong Baby Girl Names
- 10 Valentine’s Day Activities for Young Kids
- 101 Winter Bucket List Activities for Young Kids
- How I Went From Being Skeptical to a Believer in 2.7 Seconds
- 2019 Mom Goal
- 10 Rainy Day Activities for Young Kids
- 10 Cringe-Worthy Questions Only Moms of All Girls Are Asked
- #1 Reason I’m Giving My Kids Experience Gifts, Not Toys
- 7 Steps to Create the Perfect 1st Birthday