I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Don’t get me wrong. I love the little trinkets my girls make at preschool + school. I love that my husband takes all 3 girls to the store to pick out flowers, plants or trees to add to our yard BUT (+ it’s a pretty big BUT here)…
What I really, really want for Mother’s Day is…
1. A Nap
Yup. I want to sleep. I want a good old-fashioned nap without any screaming, yelling or running in the background. Without anyone coming in one hundred million times to ask me a question.
I cannot remember the last time I had a nap–a real nap. That whole sleep when the baby sleeps crap never worked for me so I don’t think I’ve had a good nap in approximately 5.5 years.
2. A New Pair of Rothy’s
I L-O-V-E my Rothy’s. (BTW: You save $20 + so do I if you use my link). Since they are a little pricey, I won’t necessarily buy them for myself but I will totally let my family buy them for me as a gift! They’re comfy, adorable + washable. I mean, I’m not sure I could ask for anything more in a stylish flat.
My husband often takes me out with the kids for dinner on Mother’s Day, which is GREAT. For all of those dinners that I have to cook on all the other days, though, I love subscriptions like Hello Fresh.
All I have to do is pick my menu. Hello Fresh delivers all of the ingredients I need, along with the recipe, for whipping up delicious meals that make me look like a culinary genius.
Seriously, there is no thought process here.
4. A Weekend Away (Alone)
I love to travel with my family. I love to travel with my husband but what I really want is to lock myself in a hotel room or an Airbnb (BTW: save up to $40 off you first stay) condo (preferably on the beach) + well, do whatever the hell I want!
5. To Read
I LOVE to read + it’s a hobby that I lost shortly after my first daughter was born. I made myself get it back about 3 years ago (or so). I joined a book club for moms + we read a book a month + meet over dinner to “discuss” it.
(We discuss it for approximately 1 minute. It’s really all about eating + drinking.)
I read for anywhere from 10-60 minutes before I fall asleep at night but what I really want for Mother’s Day is to read in silence without 501 interruptions + at least one child popping into my bedroom every minute and a half.
My girls asked me the other day what my favorite thing to listen to is. I said silence. My 5-year-old did not know what to do with that information but I was dead serious.
Sometimes, when I drive in the car + I am by myself, I don’t even turn on the radio. I like to listen to the big fat NOTHING while I am going wherever I am going (usually Bunco or book club or some MoMs event if I am alone).
Can you believe I used to get my nails + feet done about once every two weeks? That’s twice a month. I know, that’s just crazy talk.
Seriously, though, a good couple of hours soaking my feet in a spa tub, getting the scary rough skin off my feet, flipping through a magazine…ahhhhhhh…it sounds like heaven to me.
- 8 Savings Goals To Teach Kids About Money
- 10 Best Things To Do During Summer With Kids
- 5 Tips For Summer Safety For Kids
- 10 Mom Bag Essentials I Have For Summer Fun
- 12 Ideas To DIY Summer Camp At Home
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- How to Protect a Crawling Baby
- How to Keep Happy, Safe + Healthy Girls Throughout the School Year
- 7 Easy Hair Styles For Girls
- When To Start Potty Training Girls
- Best Halloween Costumes for Girls
- 3 Healthy Habits For Girls
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- 26 Mother-Daughter Date Ideas
- Feeding Time: What to Keep in Mind When Introducing Food to Baby
- Baby on Board: What You Need to Know About Car Seat Safety
- 7 Ways to Help Your Daughter Feel Comfortable in Her Own Skin
- 7 Tips for Nighttime Potty Training Girls
- School Bus Safety Tips to Teach Your Kids
- How to Deal with Unexpected Problems at Delivery
- 3 Characteristics of the Best Mom Car
- 4 Ways to Prevent Your Teen from Texting + Driving
- 3 Tips to Help You Prepare for Labor + Delivery
- Creative Lunch Ideas for School
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- How to Make Hand Washing Fun for Kids
- DIY Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
- 12 Cool Things to Include When Building a House
- 3 Tips for Toddler Girl Summer Fashion
- How to Be a Productive Stay-at-Home Mom
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer Day Camps + Sleepaway Camps
- How to Protect From Child Bee Stings
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Complete Mom Guide to Summer Activities with Kids (So Everyone Survives the Summer)
- The Ultimate Guide to Sibling Fighting + How to Stop It
- 7 Things A Mom REALLY Wants for Mother’s Day
- 3 Things to Look for When Choosing a Pediatric Dentist
- 5 Kid-Approved Fun Summer Activities
- A Family Trip Near Shenandoah: Where to Stay, Go + Eat
- Celebrate Earth Month With Green Kid Crafts
- 4 Tips to Prep for Your Disney Trip with Your Kids
- 3 Ways to Model Appropriate Behavior for Your Daughter
- 3 Actions to Take if a Dog Bites Your Child
- 3 Places to Buy Inexpensive but Nice Girls’ Clothes
- 6 Steps to Resolving Conflict with Your Strong-Willed Daughter
- 3 Home Pests That Can Make Your Kids Sick
- 7 Strategies for Dealing with Defiant Daughters
- 7 Books to Help Girls Overcome Anxiety, Fear + Worry + Other Feelings
- The Top 7 Girl Mom Bloggers You Should Be Following
- 3 Tips for Moms Going Back to School
- 3 Tips for Surviving a Move with Young Ones
- 3 Ways to Keep Your Kids Safe in the Car
- To The Mom With A Crazy Toxic Mom
- 12 Non-Toy Easter Basket Ideas for Girls
- 5 Ways To Easier Laundry When You Have Girls
- It’s Flu Season, Ya’ll
- Tips To Be A More Productive Mommy
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 1st Birthday Party for a Girl
- 14 Ways to Tell Your Kids You Love Them on Valentine’s Day
- Speed Up Your Family’s Morning Routine
- How to Make Easy Healthy Family Meals
- 7 Tips to be Done with Dinner in Half an Hour or Less
- The Kid Birthday Tradition I Do Every Year (For All 3 Girls)
- 3 Valentine’s Day Foods + Goodies for Your Sweetie
- Easy Freezer Meals for After Baby
- How to Pick Strong Baby Girl Names
- 10 Valentine’s Day Activities for Young Kids
- 101 Winter Bucket List Activities for Young Kids
- How I Went From Being Skeptical to a Believer in 2.7 Seconds
- 2019 Mom Goal
- 10 Rainy Day Activities for Young Kids
- 10 Cringe-Worthy Questions Only Moms of All Girls Are Asked
- #1 Reason I’m Giving My Kids Experience Gifts, Not Toys
- 7 Steps to Create the Perfect 1st Birthday