I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on
Our copy of Clever Count Photo Book from Clever Publishing landed in our mailbox yesterday. I opened it this morning to share with my girls before my oldest went off to school.
There is so much to love about this book that I am not even sure where to begin! I will admit, though, that my first impression was that the pages are way too busy with pictures, but…wait for it…
Teaches Numbers + Colors
While the main focus of the book is to teach numbers + counting, secondary, it teaches colors. Each page is dedicated to counting + to a color.
So, Page 1 is red. They count from 1-10. Both pages are full with items that are red.
The count from 1-10 also associates with the objects on the page so it’s like a scavenger hunt for counting.
Find the 1 red drum.
Find the 2 red planes.
Find the 3 red roses.
And the counting goes up from there to 10.
If your kids receive Highlights Magazine (my kids do + they LOVE it) then it is a little like those pages where they have to find 14 balloons (or whatever) in the picture.
My girls spent all morning going through the pages of the book.
The size of the book is perfect for smaller kids, ages 0-3. It’s larger than a standard book but is not as small as a lot of toddler books. The size helps them hold onto it in their laps while they work through the pages.
Plus, the large pages make it possible to see the objects, numbers + the color words that are on the pages.
While it is a board book on the outside, it has a bit of a cushy cover. This is a nice feature in a toddler book because, well, let’s face it, they throw it, use it to hit their sister + when they swing it around + hit themselves with it, it doesn’t hurt.
Even I thought, oh, it feels so nice + soft on the outside.
Overall, I give the Clever Count book an A. My girls absolutely love it. The 1 + 3-year-olds wanted me to read it to them. Then, the 3-year-old went through it several times on her own (She doesn’t read yet, but she can identify colors, objects + some of her numbers + letters.).
It’s a nice big, bright, colorful book that is a great tool for teaching colors, numbers, counting + objects to your toddlers.
- White Bean Dip Recipe
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- Best Pregnant Halloween Costumes
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Girl Mom + A Girl Review of When I Grow Up by Jon Hales
- A Girl Mom Review of Clever Count Photo Book
- A Girl Mom Review of Hello Fresh
- A Girl Mom Review of Imperfect Produce + Save $10
- The Likeness Book Review
- Shenandoah Discovery Museum Mom Review
- Where the Crawdads Sing Book Review
- The Hate U Give
- My MoM Group Cooking Class Experience
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- A Girl Mom Review of 7 Diapers
- How I Get 4+ Hours of My Life Back Every Month (+ Keep My Sanity)
- My Quick + Easy Go-To Dinner for My Family
- 8 Things in My Diaper Bag I Can’t Live Without
- 7 Reasons to Say Yes to Sun Basket: Meal Prep Service Review