I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Broiled Angel Food Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
Once you’ve tried broiled angel food cake, there is a good chance you’re never going to want it any other way. With a crisp, golden brown crust reminiscent of toasted marshmallows + that tender melt-in-your-mouth interior you’ve come to expect from angel food cake, this is sure to become one of your favorite go-to dessert recipes for fast + delicious results.
This recipe can be made with your favorite homemade angel food cake recipe or with the store-bought variety. However, if you buy a pre-made cake, look for one that is not packaged inside a disposable baking pan. The exterior of cakes sold like this tend to be very sticky, which makes them more difficult to slice. Look for one that is packaged with just plastic wrap around it for protection, instead.
- 1 pint heavy whipped cream
- 1-2 T. real maple syrup
- 1 angel food cake, homemade or purchased
- 5 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, hulled + cut into chunks or slices
- ½ pint fresh blueberries, washed
In a large glass bowl, blend 1 pint of heavy whipping cream with a hand or immersion blender until it doubles in size + changes texture. Then, drizzle maple syrup into the bowl + continue blending until the mixture is light + fluffy. Set aside.
Place your oven’s top rack on the highest setting + turn the broiler on high.
Due to its round shape, angel food cake is normally cut into a series of wedges. However, the pieces are not going to brown evenly under the broiler if cut like this.
Instead, carefully slice the angel food cake with a sharp knife into equally thick sections by making a series of parallel 2” wide cuts, starting on one side of the cake + working toward the opposite side. Trim the pieces so they are all approximately the same size. The result should be uniformly sized pieces that will brown evenly.
Place the angel food cake slices on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper + brush the top with melted butter. Turn over each piece + repeat on the other side.
Place baking sheet under the broiler until a golden-brown crust starts to form. (You may need to rotate the baking sheet to get uniform results).
Keep a close eye on the cake during this time because it can burn very quickly. Once toasted, remove baking sheet from oven + turn over each piece of angel food cake. Place back under the broiler + toast the remaining side until golden brown.
To serve, arrange toasted slices on individual serving plates + top with maple whipped cream + fresh berries.
- Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe
- The Best Skincare For Teenage Girl
- The Best Clean Sunscreen Brand I Use On Me + My Kids
- Best Clean Skincare For Acne
- 11 Safe Skin Care Products
- What Is The Best Skincare Regimen For Aging Skin?
- Clean Skincare Products I Use That Are For The 40+ Crowd
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Green Kid Crafts September Box + Halloween Science Pack Sneak Peek
- Best Baby Wash + Shampoo
- Why I Stopped Drinking Diet Coke
- Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- Back to School Guide
- Herb Pork Chop Recipe
- White Bean Dip Recipe
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- Best Pregnant Halloween Costumes
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Girl Mom + A Girl Review of When I Grow Up by Jon Hales
- A Girl Mom Review of Clever Count Photo Book
- A Girl Mom Review of Hello Fresh
- A Girl Mom Review of Imperfect Produce + Save $10
- The Likeness Book Review
- Shenandoah Discovery Museum Mom Review
- Where the Crawdads Sing Book Review
- The Hate U Give
- My MoM Group Cooking Class Experience
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- A Girl Mom Review of 7 Diapers
- How I Get 4+ Hours of My Life Back Every Month (+ Keep My Sanity)
- My Quick + Easy Go-To Dinner for My Family
- 8 Things in My Diaper Bag I Can’t Live Without
- 7 Reasons to Say Yes to Sun Basket: Meal Prep Service Review