I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You might hear about what is the best clean skincare for acne + wonder what does clean skincare even mean?
I’m glad you asked.
Clean skincare is about using products that do NOT contain harmful ingredients.
Ingredients that are linked to nasty things such as:
- Liver damage
- Birth defects
Unfortunately, the U.S. only bans about 30 harmful ingredients from being used in skincare, beauty, makeup + personal care products.
The EU + Canada ban 1,000s.
It’s why it is important to find the best clean skincare for acne for yourself or for your teen.
You’re the only one watching out for you + your family.
Try not to be fooled by organic or all-natural products either. Some of these products contain harmful ingredients too.
Remember: Asbestos is all-natural but extremely toxic.
The Best Clean Skincare For Acne
Countercontrol is the best clean skincare for acne. It is designed to treat oily + acne-prone skin without irritating the skin.
Beautycounter bans the use of over 1,800 harmful ingredients from its products.
Countercontrol is powered by the Beautycounter signature SkinBalance Complex with wintergreen + rosebay willow, this regimen mattifies the complexion, clears breakouts + balances skin.
STEP 1: CLEANSE
Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser: This daily exfoliating cleanser, designed for oily + acne-prone skin, removes oil, makeup + other impurities without harsh surfactants that can strip skin of moisture.
The formula features the Beautycounter signature SkinBalance Complex + aloe vera, which helps purify pores + soothe skin, while jojoba beads gently slough away dead skin cells. Infused with an energizing citrus scent, it leaves your complexion feeling refreshed + balanced without dryness or irritation.
STEP 2: PREP
Countercontrol Instant Matte Toner: Reduce shine in seconds. This alcohol-free toner is designed to mattify skin, remove residual impurities, + minimize the appearance of pores without stripping moisture. The formula, with the Beautycounter signature SkinBalance Complex, helps purify skin while preserving ideal moisture levels for a refreshed, comfortable complexion.
STEP 3: TREAT
Countercontrol All Over Acne Treatment: This daily all-over treatment helps clear existing blemishes + prevent new breakouts from forming. The formula, featuring our signature SkinBalance Complex + salicylic acid, helps reduce blemishes while promoting healthier-looking skin.
STEP 3: PROTECT
Countercontrol Matte Effect Gel Cream: This gel cream provides all of the hydration your skin need without making it shiny. It mattifies skin for up to eight hours* with an innovative cream-to-gel formula for oily +acne-prone skin. Featuring the Beautycounter signature SkinBalance Complex with wintergreen + rosebay willow, this oil-free, non-greasy hydrator improves skin’s texture without clogging pores.*Based on a 30-subject clinical instrumentation study over eight hours.
After four weeks*:
- 89% had clearer-looking skin + more even texture
- 97% said skin felt healthier
- 97% had improved skin clarity
- 94% said redness was reduced
*Based on a 35-subject consumer perception study using Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser, All Over Acne Treatment, SOS Acne Spot Treatment + Matte Effect Gel Cream for four weeks.
You can also add on the Countercontrol SOS Acne Spot Treatment. The spot treatement is created for skin in distress. The invisible, lightweight gel penetrates pores to reduce blemishes. Featuring the Beautycounter signature SkinBalance Complex + maximum-strength salicylic acid, the treatment addresses breakouts without over-drying the skin for a clearer, healthy-looking complexion.
(I use this spot treatment for my own acne + I am 44!)
- Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe
- The Best Skincare For Teenage Girl
- The Best Clean Sunscreen Brand I Use On Me + My Kids
- Best Clean Skincare For Acne
- 11 Safe Skin Care Products
- What Is The Best Skincare Regimen For Aging Skin?
- Clean Skincare Products I Use That Are For The 40+ Crowd
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Green Kid Crafts September Box + Halloween Science Pack Sneak Peek
- Best Baby Wash + Shampoo
- Why I Stopped Drinking Diet Coke
- Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- Back to School Guide
- Herb Pork Chop Recipe
- White Bean Dip Recipe
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- Best Pregnant Halloween Costumes
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Girl Mom + A Girl Review of When I Grow Up by Jon Hales
- A Girl Mom Review of Clever Count Photo Book
- A Girl Mom Review of Hello Fresh
- A Girl Mom Review of Imperfect Produce + Save $10
- The Likeness Book Review
- Shenandoah Discovery Museum Mom Review
- Where the Crawdads Sing Book Review
- The Hate U Give
- My MoM Group Cooking Class Experience
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- A Girl Mom Review of 7 Diapers
- How I Get 4+ Hours of My Life Back Every Month (+ Keep My Sanity)
- My Quick + Easy Go-To Dinner for My Family
- 8 Things in My Diaper Bag I Can’t Live Without
- 7 Reasons to Say Yes to Sun Basket: Meal Prep Service Review