I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
With over 100 million blogs online, your blog has to offer readers something they can’t get elsewhere OR you have to offer info in a way that totally engages them.
It may be the ease of starting a blog that makes it such a phenomenon. It might just be that more + more mommy bloggers want to stay at home with their kiddos + replace the income they’re leaving behind when they leave their jobs.
The Mom Blog Plan
Putting a blog plan in place for your mom blog is one of the easiest ways to ensure its success. Use this three-step approach to turn your blog from ho-hum to holy cow.
- Become Your Audience
You have to think + act like the readers you’re trying to engage with your blog. Put yourself in their shoes + use this mindset to always make sure you’re providing information on your blog that is relevant to the blog topic + to the types of readers you want to attract.
Questions to Ponder About Your Readers
- What are their cares?
- What are their interests?
- What are their likes and dislikes?
- What do they desire?
- What do they fear?
Then, assess what experience or knowledge you possess that answers the call of the information they seek. As is the case with any marketing medium (+ a blog is a marketing medium), you have to know your audience.
- Stay Engaged
Consistency is the key component of a successful blog. Consistency equates to posting to your blog on a regular schedule. If you can post EPIC content at least two to three times per week, then schedule to commit to it. Even once a week, if it’s EPIC content, is consistent.
If you can’t commit, consider getting guest bloggers to share posts to fill in the blanks. OR commit to writing at last one EPIC blog post per week. Really give it your all in the content + promoting the post throughout your social media networks, email list, etc.
Also, share + talk about information that you know. Turn to the experts on topics + areas you want to cover when you aren’t an expert by using guest bloggers or interviews or roundup posts.
- Integrate Technology
A blog without integration is an island of its own. Make sure that your readers can leave comments on your blog, but also be sure that you’re utilizing other communication tools.
Social media networks such as Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook + Instagram should be included on your blog. Your blog address should also be included on your Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter + Instagram profiles + posts. As technology changes, your blog needs to change with it.
With over 100 million blogs in the blogosphere, make your mom blog stand out from the crowd. You’re not into blogging to create “just another blog.” You’re into blogging to create an amazing mom blog.
- 18 Black Friday (+ Cyber Monday) Deals for Bloggers
- 39 Lessons For Marketing A Blog
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- What New Working Moms Should Know
- Self-Care for Moms
- How to SEO a Blog
- Writing Copy Stinks
- How to Write an eBook to Make Money
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- The 5 Biggest Blogging Mistakes + Lessons Learned
- How to Start a Lifestyle Blog
- How to Use Content Marketing as a Mom Blogger
- How to Increase Blog Traffic Fast
- How to Increase Blog Traffic for Free
- How to Find Blog Ideas
- 5 Ways to Balance Life as a Work-From-Home Mom
- 7 Ways to Grow a Mom Blog in 2019
- How to Build an Amazing Mom Blog
- The Rise of the Work-at-Home Mom + How To Do It
- How I Grew My Facebook Group to Over 4k Members in 2 Years
- How to Start a Mom Blog
- Some of My Fave Marketing Blogs
- How You Can Boost Traffic To Your Mom Blog Today
- How to Use Pinterest for a Mom Blog