I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on
Each time I was pregnant, during my nesting phase, I would prep easy freezer meals for after baby came home from the hospital. I ended up having two unplanned + one planned C-sections so it was super helpful to my recovery to know that I had a stash of food in the freezer so nobody would starve (baby excluded).
Of course, friends brought food + had food delivered too but this wasn’t every day of the week! Check out at least three ways you can make easy freezer meals for after baby comes home from the hospital,
Make + Freeze
Stork the freezer! There are plenty of recipes/meals/dinners you can make that are easy to freeze. Spaghetti sauce is easy to make ahead + freeze. Then all you have to do is thaw the sauce + boil the pasta.
Baked ziti is an easy recipe to make, freeze + reheat when it’s time to eat. Soups are another great food to make ahead of time, freeze + throw in the crock pot or microwave to reheat. You can add a side salad + pair it with a nice bread, if you’re so inclined.
Crock Pot Meals
I LOVE crock pot meals. There is something so satisfying + easy about throwing a bunch of ingredients into a crockpot, turning that sucker on + letting it go to work.
Sometimes, I follow a recipe. Other times, I just throw a bunch of ingredients in the crock pot that I think will make a yummy dinner + let the magic happen (or the chips fall where they may–not actual chips but proverbial chips, that it).
Do yourself a favor + buy some crock pot liners. These are life changing because it makes cleanup as easy as cooking the meal is.
Another great option is meal kits. These kits come with all or the majority of the ingredients you need to prep + freeze meals ahead of time. Some are freezer meals that come in sets of 5, so you you just go to your freezer, pull out a meal, pop it in the oven or crock pot + promptly put dinner on the table for your family the fast + easy way.
As an added bonus, you can find healthy KETO freezer meals, too.
If you’re stumped for meal plans or just want someone to do the meal planning for you, check out $5 meal plans. A professionals sends you meal plans for the week for just $5 PER MONTH! (That’s just crazy talk.)
Let’s be real. When 5 p.m. rolls around, the last thing you want to do is brave the grocery store + start cooking dinner from scratch — especially if you have a newborn, but even if you have older kids.
Don’t let every evening roll around, where you end up facing a mob of hangry family members + you’re staring at an empty fridge.
Use one or all of these options to prep + freeze meals so that you can feed yourself + your family as you ease into life with a new baby.
- 5 Tips For Summer Safety For Kids
- 10 Mom Bag Essentials I Have For Summer Fun
- The Best Skincare For Teenage Girl
- The Best Clean Sunscreen Brand I Use On Me + My Kids
- Best Clean Skincare For Acne
- 12 Ideas To DIY Summer Camp At Home
- 11 Safe Skin Care Products
- Clean Skincare Products I Use That Are For The 40+ Crowd
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- How to Protect a Crawling Baby
- How to Keep Happy, Safe + Healthy Girls Throughout the School Year
- 7 Easy Hair Styles For Girls
- When To Start Potty Training Girls
- Best Halloween Costumes for Girls
- 3 Healthy Habits For Girls
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- 26 Mother-Daughter Date Ideas
- Feeding Time: What to Keep in Mind When Introducing Food to Baby
- Baby on Board: What You Need to Know About Car Seat Safety
- 7 Ways to Help Your Daughter Feel Comfortable in Her Own Skin
- 7 Tips for Nighttime Potty Training Girls
- School Bus Safety Tips to Teach Your Kids
- How to Deal with Unexpected Problems at Delivery
- 3 Characteristics of the Best Mom Car
- 4 Ways to Prevent Your Teen from Texting + Driving
- 3 Tips to Help You Prepare for Labor + Delivery
- Creative Lunch Ideas for School
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- How to Make Hand Washing Fun for Kids
- DIY Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
- 12 Cool Things to Include When Building a House
- 3 Tips for Toddler Girl Summer Fashion
- How to Be a Productive Stay-at-Home Mom
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer Day Camps + Sleepaway Camps
- How to Protect From Child Bee Stings
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Complete Mom Guide to Summer Activities with Kids (So Everyone Survives the Summer)
- The Ultimate Guide to Sibling Fighting + How to Stop It
- 7 Things A Mom REALLY Wants for Mother’s Day
- 3 Things to Look for When Choosing a Pediatric Dentist
- 5 Kid-Approved Fun Summer Activities
- A Family Trip Near Shenandoah: Where to Stay, Go + Eat
- Celebrate Earth Month With Green Kid Crafts
- 4 Tips to Prep for Your Disney Trip with Your Kids
- 3 Ways to Model Appropriate Behavior for Your Daughter
- 3 Actions to Take if a Dog Bites Your Child
- 3 Places to Buy Inexpensive but Nice Girls’ Clothes
- 6 Steps to Resolving Conflict with Your Strong-Willed Daughter
- 3 Home Pests That Can Make Your Kids Sick
- 7 Strategies for Dealing with Defiant Daughters
- 7 Books to Help Girls Overcome Anxiety, Fear + Worry + Other Feelings
- The Top 7 Girl Mom Bloggers You Should Be Following
- 3 Tips for Moms Going Back to School
- 3 Tips for Surviving a Move with Young Ones
- 3 Ways to Keep Your Kids Safe in the Car
- To The Mom With A Crazy Toxic Mom
- 12 Non-Toy Easter Basket Ideas for Girls
- 5 Ways To Easier Laundry When You Have Girls
- It’s Flu Season, Ya’ll
- Tips To Be A More Productive Mommy
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 1st Birthday Party for a Girl
- 14 Ways to Tell Your Kids You Love Them on Valentine’s Day
- Speed Up Your Family’s Morning Routine
- How to Make Easy Healthy Family Meals
- 7 Tips to be Done with Dinner in Half an Hour or Less
- The Kid Birthday Tradition I Do Every Year (For All 3 Girls)
- 3 Valentine’s Day Foods + Goodies for Your Sweetie
- Easy Freezer Meals for After Baby
- How to Pick Strong Baby Girl Names
- 10 Valentine’s Day Activities for Young Kids
- 101 Winter Bucket List Activities for Young Kids
- How I Went From Being Skeptical to a Believer in 2.7 Seconds
- 2019 Mom Goal
- 10 Rainy Day Activities for Young Kids
- 10 Cringe-Worthy Questions Only Moms of All Girls Are Asked
- #1 Reason I’m Giving My Kids Experience Gifts, Not Toys
- 7 Steps to Create the Perfect 1st Birthday