I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s important to clean your makeup brushes to keep them free from
What you may not know is how to properly clean makeup brushes at home. I walk you through the five easy steps to properly clean your brushes at home.
5 Steps On How To Wash Makeup Brushes At Home
These are pro tips on how to care for makeup brushes as a beginner or amateur makeup artist.
Step 1. Dampen The Brush Bristles
Dampen the bristles of your brush using lukewarm water.
Step 2. Cleanse
What can I can I use to clean makeup brushes?
Put a small amount of a gentle cleanser in the palm of your hand. (The Beautycounter Daily Shampoo works perfectly for cleaning makeup brushes.)
Step 3. Swirl The Brushes In The Cleanser
Swirl the bristles in the cleanser. Rinse + repeat until the water runs clear. Try to keep the water out of the ferrule (the metal piece that connects the
bristles to the handle).
Step 4. Dry
Pat the bristles of the brush with a clean towel to remove any extra moisture. Place the brushes flat to dry.
Step 5. Double Cleanse
For a deeper clean, use a charcoal bar soap to cleanse the brushes a second time. Repeat steps 2-4 after cleansing again.
Take the skincare quiz to get a cleaner skincare routine customized just for you — in less than a minute.
- Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe
- The Best Skincare For Teenage Girl
- The Best Clean Sunscreen Brand I Use On Me + My Kids
- Best Clean Skincare For Acne
- 11 Safe Skin Care Products
- What Is The Best Skincare Regimen For Aging Skin?
- Clean Skincare Products I Use That Are For The 40+ Crowd
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Green Kid Crafts September Box + Halloween Science Pack Sneak Peek
- Best Baby Wash + Shampoo
- Why I Stopped Drinking Diet Coke
- Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- Back to School Guide
- Herb Pork Chop Recipe
- White Bean Dip Recipe
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- Best Pregnant Halloween Costumes
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Girl Mom + A Girl Review of When I Grow Up by Jon Hales
- A Girl Mom Review of Clever Count Photo Book
- A Girl Mom Review of Hello Fresh
- A Girl Mom Review of Imperfect Produce + Save $10
- The Likeness Book Review
- Shenandoah Discovery Museum Mom Review
- Where the Crawdads Sing Book Review
- The Hate U Give
- My MoM Group Cooking Class Experience
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- A Girl Mom Review of 7 Diapers
- How I Get 4+ Hours of My Life Back Every Month (+ Keep My Sanity)
- My Quick + Easy Go-To Dinner for My Family
- 8 Things in My Diaper Bag I Can’t Live Without
- 7 Reasons to Say Yes to Sun Basket: Meal Prep Service Review