I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on
This one-skillet recipe is packed with flavor + is oh-so-easy to prepare. The classic pairing of fresh rosemary + lemon is the centerpiece of this dish, while the addition of sautéed shallots adds a subtle depth to the flavors.
When paired with frozen broccoli, you have the makings of a satisfying, low-carb meal that is soon to become a new family favorite.
Tip: Organic lemons are recommended for this dish because the skin is not removed prior to cooking.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30-35 minutes
- 3 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt + black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium shallots, sliced thin
- 1 c. chicken stock, preferably organic
- 1½ T. fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 16-oz. bag frozen broccoli
- 1 medium organic lemon, sliced + cut into small, thin wedges
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Unroll chicken thighs + season each side with salt + black pepper. Add seasoned chicken to hot skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until chicken is golden brown + releases easily from the bottom of the skillet. Remove from heat + transfer chicken to a plate. Cover + keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium + add remaining butter + sliced shallots to skillet. Sauté shallots, stirring occasionally, until soft + golden brown, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Bring liquid to a boil while using a spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add chopped rosemary leaves and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by about half, approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return chicken + its juices to the skillet, along with the frozen broccoli + thin lemon wedges. Cover reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp tender + chicken is cooked through. (Internal temperature should read 165°F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Remove from heat + serve immediately with a spoonful of pan sauce drizzled over each chicken thigh. Garnish with additional lemon wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Green Kid Crafts September Box + Halloween Science Pack Sneak Peek
- Best Baby Wash + Shampoo
- Why I Stopped Drinking Diet Coke
- Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- Back to School Guide
- Herb Pork Chop Recipe
- White Bean Dip Recipe
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- Best Pregnant Halloween Costumes
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Girl Mom + A Girl Review of When I Grow Up by Jon Hales
- A Girl Mom Review of Clever Count Photo Book
- A Girl Mom Review of Hello Fresh
- A Girl Mom Review of Imperfect Produce + Save $10
- The Likeness Book Review
- Shenandoah Discovery Museum Mom Review
- Where the Crawdads Sing Book Review
- The Hate U Give
- My MoM Group Cooking Class Experience
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- A Girl Mom Review of 7 Diapers
- How I Get 4+ Hours of My Life Back Every Month (+ Keep My Sanity)
- My Quick + Easy Go-To Dinner for My Family
- 8 Things in My Diaper Bag I Can’t Live Without
- 7 Reasons to Say Yes to Sun Basket: Meal Prep Service Review