I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We have a huge + active Mom group for our neighborhood. We’re the MoMs of Mantua.
Throughout the year, we have events just for moms, for the kids + for couples.
Wednesday night, we had a MoMs cooking class at a local cooking school — Culinaria in Vienna, VA.
What I Loved
I had expectations of what the night would be like + I was wrong on many accounts. The first of which is that we would be doing the cooking as we learned.
In an unexpected surprise, the chef prepared the entire meal + his assistants served us wine, bread, the appetizer, the main course + the dessert.
I LOVED that he taught us how to make each item, gave us tips + answered our questions + we didn’t have to cook one thing! He was very down to earth, easy to follow + easy to talk with.
They did give us the recipes to take home with us, though, so we can prepare them ourselves.
What I Wish Was Different
The setup was perfect for learning from the chef but not so great for interacting + mingling with the other moms at the event.
We sat at a counter facing the chef + the kitchen. All 20+ of us were sitting in a straight line along the counter so we could really only talk with the two people sitting on either side of us
It was sort of a good + a bad setup. I realize it’s ideal for learning from + being able to watch the chef but not so great for the social aspect of the experience.
While I did LOVE being somewhat pampered by being served delicious food + wine that I did not have to make, I sort of wish it was a hands-on event, where each of us prepared the meal as the chef instructed.
I would have loved to prep it, package it + take it home so my husband + could have eaten it (I doubt the kids would have jumped at the menu choices even though they were delish).
I Highly Recommend This Experience
I highly recommend that you check out your local culinary school for this type of an experience. If you are local to Vienna, VA, definitely check out Culinaria.
This was a private event for the MoMs of Mantua group but they also have couples cooking classes, kids cooking classes + more.
- Carrot Cake Smoothie Recipe
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- Angel Food Cake Recipe
- Green Kid Crafts September Box + Halloween Science Pack Sneak Peek
- Best Baby Wash + Shampoo
- Why I Stopped Drinking Diet Coke
- Lemon-Rosemary Chicken Recipe
- Back to School Guide
- Herb Pork Chop Recipe
- White Bean Dip Recipe
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- Best Pregnant Halloween Costumes
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Girl Mom + A Girl Review of When I Grow Up by Jon Hales
- A Girl Mom Review of Clever Count Photo Book
- A Girl Mom Review of Hello Fresh
- A Girl Mom Review of Imperfect Produce + Save $10
- The Likeness Book Review
- Shenandoah Discovery Museum Mom Review
- Where the Crawdads Sing Book Review
- The Hate U Give
- My MoM Group Cooking Class Experience
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
- A Girl Mom Review of 7 Diapers
- How I Get 4+ Hours of My Life Back Every Month (+ Keep My Sanity)
- My Quick + Easy Go-To Dinner for My Family
- 8 Things in My Diaper Bag I Can’t Live Without
- 7 Reasons to Say Yes to Sun Basket: Meal Prep Service Review