This blog post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission to fund my coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. It does not cost you anything extra + you’ll keep me supplied in caffeine. It’s a win for everyone, really. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on
Before I had three little people hanging off my leg demanding things, I L-O-V-E-D to cook and bake.
Now, meh, not so much. Don’t get me wrong. I still do it almost every night but the joy is gone 🙂
Seriously, though. Here is one of my fave go-to recipes because it is quick, easy and pretty healthy.
- 1-2 boxes of premixed herb pasta (I use the Aldi one but you can use whatever one you want/like)
- Fresh brussel sprouts (1 bag)
- Fresh spinach leaves (1 bag)
- Zucchini (1-2)
- Yellow squash (1-2)
- Yellow onion (medium)
- Prepare the herb noodles/pasta according to the directions on the box. The Aldi one takes about 5 minutes to prepare each box. I use two boxes so that I have enough for all 5 of us.
- Prepare the brussel sprouts. I steam them in the bag they come in (I use the fresh ones from Aldi that are in the bag). After I steam them in the microwave, cut the brussel sprouts in half.
- Slice the zucchini and the yellow squash.
- Slice the onion.
- Chop the broccoli from the stems.
- Add all of the veggies to a pan and saute. Cook until veggies are to your desired tenderness.
- Add veggies to pasta.
I’m Kristie. Mom to three girls (Yes, you read that right. And, no, we are not going to try for a boy!).
I’m the resident chaos coordinator. Sharer of recipes. Opinion giver of products + services for kids + girl moms. Content writer. Laundry doer. Boo-boo kisser.