I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you dread the busy mornings, when everyone trips over each other in the kitchen + bathroom, it’s an ongoing struggle to get coffee made, kids dressed + fed + grown-ups showered + packed up in time for work?
Are backpacks often misplaced, busses missed + people generally annoyed + disheveled?
Instead of stressing about the mad morning rush, focus on how you can get things to run more smoothly by becoming more organized in the first place.
Tackle the Week’s Lunch Plans
Most every kid enjoys pizza Fridays in the school cafeteria. Unless you’re dealing with food allergies, you can plan for your children to buy lunch at the end of each week.
Then, Monday can be another bought-lunch day, with kids eating school lunches while you’re out at the grocery store, stocking up for brown-bagged lunches on Tuesday, Wednesday + Thursday.
Check the Weather
Nothing like dressing your kids in long pants in time to realize that rain is about to start pummeling everything just as they’re heading out the door… or seeing them emerge from their rooms dressed in shorts on an unexpectedly chilly September morning.
Take a minute to look at the weekly forecast. Then, check again the night before. Weather tends to be unpredictable at times.
Keep Up with Laundry
Laundry procrastination leaves everyone feeling disorganized + chaotic in the morning. Laundry is one of those background tasks.
If you’re going to be home, you can easily throw in a load no matter what else you may be doing. Enlist older kids for laundry duty as well.
It helps to categorize clothing, not only by color but by wearer. This way, the folder of the laundry can fill up baskets quickly without trying to figure out whose socks belong to whom.
I’ll be honest. I don’t sort laundry. Unless it’s delicate or hand wash, one big scoop of laundry goes into the washer, then into the dryer + then gets folded, hung + put away. Not sorting can also save a lot of time.
Make Productive Shortcuts
Since we’re discussing laundry… suppose you just cleaned + dried a load of laundry. Now you don’t have time to fold it.
A time-saving shortcut would be to carry the basket of clean clothing up to the person’s room whose laundry it is. This way, in the morning if they’re missing a favorite pair of jeans, you can direct them to the basket of clothes.
Lay Out Clothing the Night Before
Set out or have your kids set out complete outfits the night before. This alleviates everyone trying to figure out what they’re going to wear when they can be getting dressed instead. All they have to do is get up + get dressed.
Make + Pack Lunches at Night
Sometimes the last thing you want to do is start filling lunch boxes at 8 p.m. But if you make lunch prep part of dinner clean-up, you can organize everything so that you’re not awake at midnight worrying if you have enough cold cuts for everyone in the house to have lunch tomorrow.
Take Shifts for the Bathroom
If you’re short on bathrooms, the best way around this is to stagger wake-up times.
For a smaller sized family, adults can wake up + use the bathroom first. Kids follow suit while Mom or Dad is downstairs making breakfast. So set the alarms accordingly.
Bigger families should allow for the kids with the earliest schedules to use the bathroom first. Also, things like hair drying + make-up application for teen girls doesn’t need to happen in the bathroom, especially when others are waiting their turn.
- 8 Savings Goals To Teach Kids About Money
- 10 Best Things To Do During Summer With Kids
- 5 Tips For Summer Safety For Kids
- 10 Mom Bag Essentials I Have For Summer Fun
- 12 Ideas To DIY Summer Camp At Home
- 3 Resources For Personal + Business Life While You Stay At Home
- How to Protect a Crawling Baby
- How to Keep Happy, Safe + Healthy Girls Throughout the School Year
- 7 Easy Hair Styles For Girls
- When To Start Potty Training Girls
- Best Halloween Costumes for Girls
- 3 Healthy Habits For Girls
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- 26 Mother-Daughter Date Ideas
- Feeding Time: What to Keep in Mind When Introducing Food to Baby
- Baby on Board: What You Need to Know About Car Seat Safety
- 7 Ways to Help Your Daughter Feel Comfortable in Her Own Skin
- 7 Tips for Nighttime Potty Training Girls
- School Bus Safety Tips to Teach Your Kids
- How to Deal with Unexpected Problems at Delivery
- 3 Characteristics of the Best Mom Car
- 4 Ways to Prevent Your Teen from Texting + Driving
- 3 Tips to Help You Prepare for Labor + Delivery
- Creative Lunch Ideas for School
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- How to Make Hand Washing Fun for Kids
- DIY Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
- 12 Cool Things to Include When Building a House
- 3 Tips for Toddler Girl Summer Fashion
- How to Be a Productive Stay-at-Home Mom
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer Day Camps + Sleepaway Camps
- How to Protect From Child Bee Stings
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Complete Mom Guide to Summer Activities with Kids (So Everyone Survives the Summer)
- The Ultimate Guide to Sibling Fighting + How to Stop It
- 7 Things A Mom REALLY Wants for Mother’s Day
- 3 Things to Look for When Choosing a Pediatric Dentist
- 5 Kid-Approved Fun Summer Activities
- A Family Trip Near Shenandoah: Where to Stay, Go + Eat
- Celebrate Earth Month With Green Kid Crafts
- 4 Tips to Prep for Your Disney Trip with Your Kids
- 3 Ways to Model Appropriate Behavior for Your Daughter
- 3 Actions to Take if a Dog Bites Your Child
- 3 Places to Buy Inexpensive but Nice Girls’ Clothes
- 6 Steps to Resolving Conflict with Your Strong-Willed Daughter
- 3 Home Pests That Can Make Your Kids Sick
- 7 Strategies for Dealing with Defiant Daughters
- 7 Books to Help Girls Overcome Anxiety, Fear + Worry + Other Feelings
- The Top 7 Girl Mom Bloggers You Should Be Following
- 3 Tips for Moms Going Back to School
- 3 Tips for Surviving a Move with Young Ones
- 3 Ways to Keep Your Kids Safe in the Car
- To The Mom With A Crazy Toxic Mom
- 12 Non-Toy Easter Basket Ideas for Girls
- 5 Ways To Easier Laundry When You Have Girls
- It’s Flu Season, Ya’ll
- Tips To Be A More Productive Mommy
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 1st Birthday Party for a Girl
- 14 Ways to Tell Your Kids You Love Them on Valentine’s Day
- Speed Up Your Family’s Morning Routine
- How to Make Easy Healthy Family Meals
- 7 Tips to be Done with Dinner in Half an Hour or Less
- The Kid Birthday Tradition I Do Every Year (For All 3 Girls)
- 3 Valentine’s Day Foods + Goodies for Your Sweetie
- Easy Freezer Meals for After Baby
- How to Pick Strong Baby Girl Names
- 10 Valentine’s Day Activities for Young Kids
- 101 Winter Bucket List Activities for Young Kids
- How I Went From Being Skeptical to a Believer in 2.7 Seconds
- 2019 Mom Goal
- 10 Rainy Day Activities for Young Kids
- 10 Cringe-Worthy Questions Only Moms of All Girls Are Asked
- #1 Reason I’m Giving My Kids Experience Gifts, Not Toys
- 7 Steps to Create the Perfect 1st Birthday