I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last Updated on
From cute beach dresses to breezy tunics, there are tons of stylish toddler girl summer fashion choices for girls. When you’re purchasing new clothes for your little girls, try to keep comfort, affordability + fabrics in mind.
Use these tips for buying toddler girl summer fashion pieces to keep your little ones on trend while staying within your budget.
#1 Choose Breathable Fabrics for Toddler Girl Summer Fashion
Mulberry’s Garment Care recommends choosing breathable fabrics that are lightweight + easy to care for + it keeps your little ones from getting overheated. Natural fabrics, like cotton + linen, are much more breathable than synthetics, such as polyester.
Denim is generally too heavy for summer weather + silk is also low on breathability. If you can, look for outfits that include small openings in the sleeves or have cold-shoulder styles to increase the breathability of the outfit.
#2 Lighten Up on Layers
Layers may add too much bulk to your little girl’s outfit, which can make outfit changes harder + longer than you’d like. E&O Apparel points out that layering clothing can get expensive.
Instead of layers, opt for loose clothing that’s easy to take on + off quickly. For example, a lightweight tunic dress or a short-sleeve tee + leggings is much easier to deal with than layering sundresses with cardigans or wraps.
Too many layers in the summer can cause your toddler to overheat quickly. Capris, shorts, tank tops + dresses add versatility to your little girl’s wardrobe + keep her cool without breaking the bank.
#3 Opt for Durable Toddler Girl Summer Fashion Pieces
With trips to the swimming pool, beach days + outdoor playtime, the number of outfit changes your little girl makes means more clothes to wash. According to Quartz, choosing durable items that can survive both the washing machine + the wear + tear of your child’s activities can help you save money in the long term, giving you the possibility of reusing some outfits for the next summer season.
Cotton fabrics are much more durable than silk. You can also consider buying some activewear styles for your child, which typically lasts for multiple seasons. Capris + shorts generally last for a long time + shirts with reinforced seams or ribbing may provide longer wear than seamless tops. To increase the durability of the clothing, always follow washing instructions on the label.
Even if your toddler grows out of the clothing by the next summer season, her sisters can wear the clothes 🙂
By choosing durable, lightweight fabrics + loosening up on layers, you + your little girls can enjoy toddler girl summer fashion. You can look forward to fewer loads of laundry + outfit changes so you can instead focus on summer fun!
Check out 3 Places to Buy Inexpensive but Nice Girls’ Clothes to find out exactly where to buy your toddler girl summer fashion.
- 3 Healthy Habits For Girls
- 7 Subscription Boxes For Girls
- 26 Mother-Daughter Date Ideas
- Feeding Time: What to Keep in Mind When Introducing Food to Baby
- Baby on Board: What You Need to Know About Car Seat Safety
- 7 Ways to Help Your Daughter Feel Comfortable in Her Own Skin
- 7 Tips for Nighttime Potty Training Girls
- School Bus Safety Tips to Teach Your Kids
- How to Deal with Unexpected Problems at Delivery
- 3 Characteristics of the Best Mom Car
- 4 Ways to Prevent Your Teen from Texting + Driving
- 3 Tips to Help You Prepare for Labor + Delivery
- Creative Lunch Ideas for School
- Resources + Recommendations for Mommin’ + Bloggin’
- How to Make Hand Washing Fun for Kids
- DIY Halloween Party Ideas for Kids
- 12 Cool Things to Include When Building a House
- 3 Tips for Toddler Girl Summer Fashion
- How to Be a Productive Stay-at-Home Mom
- The Ultimate Guide to Summer Day Camps + Sleepaway Camps
- How to Protect From Child Bee Stings
- 10 Best Books on Raising Strong Girls
- A Complete Mom Guide to Summer Activities with Kids (So Everyone Survives the Summer)
- The Ultimate Guide to Sibling Fighting + How to Stop It
- 7 Things A Mom REALLY Wants for Mother’s Day
- 3 Things to Look for When Choosing a Pediatric Dentist
- 5 Kid-Approved Fun Summer Activities
- A Family Trip Near Shenandoah: Where to Stay, Go + Eat
- Celebrate Earth Month With Green Kid Crafts
- 4 Tips to Prep for Your Disney Trip with Your Kids
- 3 Ways to Model Appropriate Behavior for Your Daughter
- 3 Actions to Take if a Dog Bites Your Child
- 3 Places to Buy Inexpensive but Nice Girls’ Clothes
- 6 Steps to Resolving Conflict with Your Strong-Willed Daughter
- 3 Home Pests That Can Make Your Kids Sick
- 7 Strategies for Dealing with Defiant Daughters
- 7 Books to Help Girls Overcome Anxiety, Fear + Worry + Other Feelings
- The Top 7 Girl Mom Bloggers You Should Be Following
- 3 Tips for Moms Going Back to School
- 3 Tips for Surviving a Move with Young Ones
- 3 Ways to Keep Your Kids Safe in the Car
- To The Mom With A Crazy Toxic Mom
- 12 Non-Toy Easter Basket Ideas for Girls
- 5 Ways To Easier Laundry When You Have Girls
- It’s Flu Season, Ya’ll
- Tips To Be A More Productive Mommy
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 1st Birthday Party for a Girl
- 14 Ways to Tell Your Kids You Love Them on Valentine’s Day
- Speed Up Your Family’s Morning Routine
- How to Make Easy Healthy Family Meals
- 7 Tips to be Done with Dinner in Half an Hour or Less
- The Kid Birthday Tradition I Do Every Year (For All 3 Girls)
- 3 Valentine’s Day Foods + Goodies for Your Sweetie
- Easy Freezer Meals for After Baby
- How to Pick Strong Baby Girl Names
- 10 Valentine’s Day Activities for Young Kids
- 101 Winter Bucket List Activities for Young Kids
- How I Went From Being Skeptical to a Believer in 2.7 Seconds
- 2019 Mom Goal
- 10 Rainy Day Activities for Young Kids
- 10 Cringe-Worthy Questions Only Moms of All Girls Are Asked
- #1 Reason I’m Giving My Kids Experience Gifts, Not Toys
- 7 Steps to Create the Perfect 1st Birthday